Last modified: 11/9/2020
Three D Metals, Inc. (“Three D Metals,” “us,” “we,” or “our”) processes information about you as described in this Privacy Notice (“Notice”). This Notice contains details about how Three D Metals collects, uses, stores, and shares personal information and how you can exercise your privacy rights.
This Notice applies to Personal Information (defined hereinafter) about individuals with whom we interact in the conduct of our business, such as individuals who visit our website or who are employed by or associated with one of our vendors, customers, or other business partners.
Changes to this Notice
Three D Metals may update this notice from time to time at our sole discretion. All changes are effective as soon as they are posted and your continued use of this website and interactions with Three D Metals are subject to the most current version of this Notice.
Types of Personal Information We Collect
Personal Information refers to any information relating to an identifiable natural person. Personal Information also includes information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual, but could, when combined with other data, link back to you (collectively, “Personal Information”). Personal Information does not include information that has be de-identified with all identifying information removed and is not capable of being re-identified to you.
The Personal Information that Three D Metals currently collects includes:
- Personal identifiers, such as your name, company, job title/specialty, organization type, email address, mailing address, shipping address, billing address, phone number, fax number, credit card and other payment-related information, and Internet Protocol (IP) address.
- Your internet or other electronic network activity and usage information, such as information about your website use (including clickstream information including which Three D Metals page was visited and how much time was spent on the page and search history), information regarding your interactions with THREE D METALS (including online, by mobile application, and through advertisements), network routing information (where you came from), equipment information (browser type or device type), date and time, general geolocation information, aggregate usage, and performance data.
- Your interaction and purchase history and tendencies with Three D Metals, such as invoice history, details of your online inquiries and contracts with Three D Metals, conversations and correspondence you may have with Three D Metals sales representatives, details of your purchased products/services, and inferences drawn from any of the personal information we collect to create a profile about you reflecting your preferences.
- Customer records, such as paper and electronic invoices and purchase orders and other records that contain Personal Information such as names, signatures, addresses, or employment information.
- Employment information, such as information about your employer, company, job titles, employment history, and contact information.
Three D Metals will not seek to collect certain types of sensitive or protected personal data from you, which includes but is not limited to racial or ethnic origin, physical or mental health, and religious beliefs. Three D Metals also does not collect biometric information, audio or visual information, or education information.
Three D Metals does not collect all of the above types of information in all cases. Three D Metals may also collect information in an anonymized or aggregate format (in a way that does not identify you) and which is not subject to this Policy.
How We Collect Personal Information
We collect Personal Information both directly and indirectly in several ways, including:
- Information you provide to us directly, such as in person, in an email or letter, in a phone conversation, an invoice, quote, or contract, or on a web form.
- Information automatically collected through the use of technologies such as cookies, web beacons, electronic communication protocols, or widgets, buttons, and tools.
- Publicly available information and information from third parties, such as commercially available sources, vendors and third-party services providers. For example, by providing your information to, and participating in, a trade show or similar event, your Personal Information may be provided to us indirectly through the organizers of the event.
We may combine information that we receive from the different sources described above; for example, we may create a profile based on Personal Information provided directly from you and input information regarding your interaction history with sales representatives in to that profile.
Lawful Bases for Processing Personal Information
Our lawful basis for processing the Personal Information described in this Notice depends on the type of Personal Information and the specific context in which we collect it.
We will normally process your Personal Information from you only (1) where you have provided your consent for us to do so, (2) where we need the Personal Information to perform a contract with you or provide services or goods to you that you have requested, or (3) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to process your Personal Information.
You are able to revoke your consent given to use for the use of your Personal Information at any time. You can do this by contacting us using the information in the “Your Privacy Preferences and Our Contact Information” section below. Please note that even if you revoke your consent we may continue to use your Personal Information if we have a separate lawful basis for doing so other than your consent.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use your Personal Information in several ways, including:
- To enable interactions between you and Three D Metals, such as to facilitate your purchase or sale of goods and services and generally to conduct our business, , to process payment for your purchases, to support you and the organization with which you are associated in your interactions with Three D Metals, to provide requested product or price information, to communicate with you about past, future, or existing orders, and to respond to your requests and inquiries.
- For our own internal business purposes, such as to help us tailor our services to you and other customers, improve or evaluate the use, performance, and safety of our programs, systems and technologies, to evaluate and improve the quality of your user, customer or vendor experience, to design new products and services, to conduct data analysis and testing, and to maintain proper business and other relevant records.
- For marketing, such as providing information on new and existing Three D Metals products and services, to enhance our content, and to send you marketing communications regarding our products and services.
- For any other purpose that is compatible with the foregoing for which we have a legal basis or for which you provide consent.
You may opt-out of receiving certain communications, such as marketing communications from THREE D METALS, at any time by using the information in the “Your Privacy Preferences and Our Contact Information” section below.
Security and Retention
Three D Metals uses appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your Personal Information that we process. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk associated with processing your Personal Information. Unfortunately, no transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security and we do not warrant that your Personal Information will not be subject to unauthorized uses or disclosures.
Three D Metals will retain your Personal Information for as long as needed to provide you with the products or services you have requested, as needed for the purposes outlined in this Notice or at the time of collection, as necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, to comply with opt-out requests), resolve disputes and enforce our agreements, or to the extent permitted by law.
With Whom We Share Your Personal Information
Three D Metals does not sell, trade, or rent your Personal Information. We may share your Personal Information with other persons or entities, including the categories of recipients described below:
- Affiliates and subsidiaries: Corporate parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, business units, and other companies that share common ownership with Three D Metals;
- Third-Party Service Providers/Vendors: Third-Party service providers and vendors working on behalf of Three D Metals to facilitate an interaction with Three D Metals that you request or to support our relationship with you and the organization with which you are associated, including but not limited to, IT systems and service providers, website hosts, data analysis, marketing providers, shipping/order fulfillment, email distribution, CRM, promotions management, and billing and payment processing. We provide these companies with only the information they need to perform their services and work with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected;
- In connection with a transaction: In the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition or all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or other similar proceeding); and
- Your employer or coworkers: If you interact with Three D Metals in connection with your employment, we may share Personal Information with other individuals designated by your organization.
Limitation of Liability for Third-Party Sites and External Links
This Notice does not address, and we are not responsible for, privacy, information, or other practices of any third parties, including any third party operating any website or service to which Three D Metals’ website may link, including those embedded in third-party advertisements or sponsor information. We strongly suggest that you review the privacy notices, statements, or policies of those organizations to understand how your Personal Information may be processed by those organizations.
Cookies and Advertising Technologies
Like many companies, Three D Metals uses “cookies” and other similar technologies to recognize or track visitors to a website such as web beacons, tracking pixels, clear gifs, as well as third-party advertising networks and website analytics such as Google Analytics, Google AdWords, and others which are subject to change from time to time at our sole discretion without notice (collectively, “Cookies”).
What Are Cookies?
A Cookie is a small text or graphic file which is placed on your device if your web browser permits containing a unique identifier.
Cookies set by the website owner (in this case, Three D Metals) are called “first-party cookies”. Cookies set by parties other than the website owner are called “third-party cookies.” Third-party cookies enable third-party features or functionality to be provided on or through the website (e.g. like advertising, interactive content and analytics). The parties that set these third-party cookies can recognize your computer both when it visits the website in question and also when it visits certain other websites.
Cookies on our website are either “session cookies”, meaning that they are automatically erased from your computer or device when you close your browser, or “persistent cookies” that stay in one of your browser’s subfolders after you close your browser. Some cookies are required for technical reasons, called “essential” or “strictly necessary” cookies.
We use first-party and third-party cookies for several reasons. Cookies help analyze web traffic and are used to improve your user experience by recognizing your browser as a previous visitor and saving any preference that may have been set on previous visits to the website, eliminating the need for repeated entry of the same information. Cookies also help us customize the content and advertisements provided to you on Three D Metals’ website and on other websites, to improve site performance, and to measure the success of email marketing campaigns.
How Can You Manage Your Cookies?
You can choose to accept or decline Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept Cookies unless you modify your setting to decline them. If you would prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to: (i) change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) to disable existing cookies; or (iii) to set your browser to automatically reject any cookies. However, please be aware that if you disable or reject cookies, some features and services may not work properly. In addition, the advertisements we provide when you visit us may not be as relevant to you or tailored to your interests.
International Transfers of Your Personal Information
When you provide Personal Information to Three D Metals, through our website, through interaction with Three D Metals, through our services, or otherwise, you understand and agree that your Personal Information is transferred across state and national boundaries to the United States where Three D Metals is headquartered and any of the countries and locations in which Three D Metals and our third-party service providers maintain web servers or offices.
Your Personal Information may be transferred to and processed in countries other than the country in which you are a resident. These countries may have data protection and privacy laws that are different to the laws of your country and may not be as comprehensive or protective as those in your country of residence; however, our processing of your Personal Information will at all times continue to be governed by this Notice.
EEA Privacy Rights
For Personal Information of European Economic Area (“EEA”) residents or where EEA data protection laws apply, with certain exceptions and limitations, you may exercise the following rights regarding your Personal Information:
- Right to Access: You can ask us for a copy of your Personal Information.
- Change or Correction: You have the right to ask us to change information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Right to Portability: You have the right to ask us to transfer the information you gave us to another organization, or to you, in certain circumstances.
- Object to, or Limit or Restrict, Processing: You can ask us to stop using all or some of your Personal Information (e.g., if we have no legal right to keep using it) or to limit our use of it (e.g., if it is inaccurate or unlawfully held).
- Deletion: You can ask us to erase or delete all or some of your Personal Information in certain circumstances (e.g., if it is no longer necessary to provide products or services to you).
To the extent Three D Metals receives any Personal Information from EEA residents it processes Personal Information as a Controller as defined in the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation EU 2016/679). We will only collect and process Personal Information about you where we have one or more of the lawful bases described in this Notice. Where we rely on your consent to process Personal Information, you have the right to withdraw or decline your consent at any time and where we rely on legitimate interests, you have the right to object.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you, unless additional time is needed, in which case we will let you know.
You may exercise your rights by submitting a request using the information in the “Your Privacy Preferences and Our Contact Information” section below.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), we are required to notify California residents about our collection, use, and disclosure of their personal information (whether collected through this website or otherwise). In this section of our Notice, and in accordance with the CCPA, “Personal Information” includes any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household, including the categories identified in the table below to the extent they identify, relate to, describe, are capable of being associated with, or could be reasonably linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.
For detailed information on the Personal Information we collect and process please review the “What Types of Personal Information We Collect” section of this Notice.
For detailed information on how we use your Personal Information, please review the “How We Use Your Personal Information” and “Lawful Bases for Processing Personal Information” sections of this Notice.
As described in this Notice, Personal Information we process might be shared and disclosed with third parties for business or commercial purposes. For detailed information on third-party sharing in the “With Whom We Share Your Personal Information” section of this Notice.
As a California resident you have the right to make the following requests, subject to limitations and exceptions, at no charge, up to twice every 12 months:
- Right to Know: You have the right to request that we disclose to you certain information about how we have handled your personal information in the prior 12 months, including the categories of personal information collected, categories of sources of personal information, business and/or commercial purposes for collecting personal information, and the categories of third parties/with whom we have disclosed or shared your personal information;
- Deletion:The right to request deletion of your personal information that we have collected about you, subject to certain exemptions, and to have such personal information deleted, except where otherwise limited by law; and
- Opt-Out (“Do-Not-Sell”): California residents have the right to opt-out of any sale of your personal information. Three D Metals does not sell, trade, or rent your Personal Information.
You may exercise your rights by submitting a request using the information in the “Your Privacy Preferences and Our Contact Information” section below.
We will respond to your requests within 45 days, unless additional time (up to 45 more days) is needed, in which case we will let you know.
Three D Metals’ interactions are not directed at, marketed to, or intended for individuals under the age of 13 years. THREE D METALS does not knowingly collect any information, including Personal Information, from individuals under 13 years of age. If a parent or guardian believes that their child has provided us with his or her Personal Information without their consent, please contact us using the information in the “Your Privacy Preferences and Our Contact Information” section below.
Your Privacy Preferences and Our Contact Information
Three D Metals enables you to opt-out of marketing communications. If you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from Three D Metals you can opt-out at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with “unsubscribe” in the subject line.
To exercise your rights regarding your personal information, or if you have questions regarding this Privacy Notice or our privacy practices please contact us by emailing email@example.com.
Please note that when you submit a request, we will take steps to attempt to verify your identity. We will seek to match the information in your request to the personal information we maintain about you. As part of our verification process, we may ask you to submit additional information, use identity verification services to assist us, or, if you have set up an account on our website, we may ask you to sign in to your account as part of our identity verification process. Please understand that, depending on the type of request you submit, to protect the privacy and security of your personal information, we will only complete your request when we are satisfied that we have verified your identity to a reasonably degree of certainty.